Have you noticed how people are attracted to people with clean, healthy, and white teeth? The color, shape, and overall status of your teeth reveal a lot about your general health. Tooth loss, for instance, is associated with poor general health, nutritional deficiency, and conditions such as cardiovascular disease and even stroke. Your age and diet influence tooth color. You will notice that once you get older, your teeth appear to be darker and yellower. The presence of tooth spacing can indicate a specific genetic disorder such as Robinow’s Syndrome or Rapp-Hodgkin Syndrome.
Whether in real life or fashion magazines, great image starts with bright pearly white teeth. Having white teeth can brighten your smile and make you stand out even in a crowd. It is not actually hard to achieve and elevate the way you look. It is not a surprise that improving teeth aesthetics is one of the most requested dental procedure. It is now more affordable to get straight white teeth. There is an abundant supply of prophy paste and fluoride varnish use in dental clinic as well as various application techniques.
Whiter Teeth Make You Look Younger
As a child, you often hear your parents tell you to brush your teeth after each meal. Consumer studies show how white teeth is often connected to success, beauty, popularity, and youth. This is because more people view white teeth as an epitome of excellent oral health and good genes. When people look at you, they tend to look at your face and your smile.
Recent studies show how when a picture of models in varying teeth shades get different reactions. Models with even white teeth are considered to be more beautiful than those who have yellowish and bleached teeth. This reveals the importance of white teeth for their visual impact and appeal. For this reason, you need to find a way to preserve or improve the way your teeth appears. After all, you don’t want to look older than your age.
Impact of White Teeth
You cannot blame people from judging you base on how your teeth appear. Research studies reveal how during these instances people tend to be successful if they smile with their white teeth
- First date impressions
- Job interviews
- Online surveys
- YouTube and other social media videos
It was found out from the research studies how both man and woman tend to want a second date with people who had white teeth. People that give a good impression are most likely to get hired and get better salaries if they have whiter teeth. These data suggest how white teeth has an impact on others from a personal and professional point of view.
This also explains why dental patients often seek whitening services to overcome these daily challenges. Seeking the help of your dentist for whiter teeth is cheaper than using porcelain veneers, although some people can benefit from using it.
What Causes Yellow Teeth?
Multiple factors contribute to the cause of yellowish color or stains in your teeth. Your teeth look dull and have lost its white sparkle.
- Certain foods. They can stain your tooth enamel. Your tooth enamel, by the way, is the outermost layer of your teeth.
- Plaque build-up. This can cause your teeth to look yellow too.
- Erosion of hard enamel. This can reveal the dentin underneath. Dentin is the naturally yellow, bony tissue found underneath the tooth enamel.
- Medications. Some antibiotics can cause teeth discoloration when given to children before they reach they are eight years old. For adults, antihistamines and drugs used on high blood pressure can cause teeth discoloration.
- Age and genetics. As you age, the outer layer of your enamel fades to reveal the natural color of dentin. It is in your genes to tend to have brighter and thicker enamel.
- Environment. Excessive use of fluoride in water or from fluoride varnish can cause teeth discoloration. It is therefore essential to let your dentist apply fluoride varnish professionally since they know just how much your teeth needs. If you try to do-it-yourself at home, you cannot expect the same results. The dentist will clean your teeth first by using prophy paste before he will apply fluoride varnish.
- Smoking. One of the effects of smoking cigarettes is the stain in your teeth. Tar and nicotine, which are the main component of cigarettes, can cause your teeth to yellow over time. For those who have smoked for a long time, their teeth have turned to brown or something of a darker unbecoming shade. This is the result of long-time effects of using tobacco. In severe cases, your teeth can fall out.
In the United States, severe gum disease is caused by smoking. Gum disease starts when bacteria on your teeth reach the gum line. If the bacteria stays on your teeth for a more extended period it can cause layers of plaque and tartar to develop.
- Trauma. An accidental fall can disturb enamel foundation, especially when this was during your younger days. As an adult, you can also suffer from trauma causing tooth discoloration.
Treatment for Teeth Discoloration
Change in Lifestyle
You need to adapt to a few simple lifestyle changes to prevent teeth discoloration. If you are a coffee drinker or smoker, you should consider cutting back on coffee and cigarettes. Better yet, if you are a heavy smoker, you should quit altogether to safeguard the health of your teeth.
Improve on your dental health
You must learn how to brush your teeth properly. Use soft bristle toothbrush. After you brush your teeth, you need to use dental floss and mouthwash. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and/or as required. This is especially true if you love eating a lot now and then. When you allow the food acids to stay in your mouth for a more extended period it can allow bacteria to set in and cause tooth decay.
Visit your dentist regularly
Have your teeth clean by visiting your dentist twice or three times a year. You can visit your dentist more often than this if you know that this will help you achieve those whiter teeth. Your dentist will use prophy paste while he cleans your teeth. These are available in various flavors. There is a prophy paste flavor that you will love. You can even try different flavors every time you visit your dentist. This can help you look forward to your next dental appointment.
Dental prophylaxis promotes oral health. This includes the use of prophy paste and after that a sealant like a fluoride varnish to protect the teeth from cavities. This explains why after your dentist cleans your teeth, he will apply fluoride varnish. Fluoride treatment is a dental treatment to prevent tooth decay. As soon as your child reaches the age of two or three takes him to your dentist. This will helped him adapt to the dental environment. He will not be afraid of the dentist and view him as a friend to help him have healthy teeth.
Clean, White, Healthy Teeth- Fashion Lookbook
The key to having clean, healthy white teeth is preventative dental care. You have often heard the saying that “prevention is better than cure,” and this is true even in dentistry. By now, you will realize that people who visit their dentist more often have fewer dental issues. This is because fluoride varnish will keep your gums healthy. Your teeth will remain intact. There are lesser chances of losing teeth.
You are taught not to judge a book by its cover but, as a human, you do just that. People usually judge you based on your physical appearance. People will visually inspect you and will likely take a liking or dislike at first glance. The status of your teeth is a human way of comparing yourself to a peacock as it shows off its tail. Just how lovely your teeth appear will determine if people will be drawn towards or away from you. Don’t forget to smile more often, especially if you are the proud owner of pearly white teeth. Happiness attracts people to you. Whether you are a man or woman, a great looking smile will enhance the way you look.
The Bottom Line
It all boils down to white teeth topping the charts. If you want to catch a good date, land a job or seal a good business deal, all of these depends on healthy white teeth. Yellow teeth and bad breath occupy the top spot for being a major turn off for most people. Call it whatever you want: survival of the fittest or the goal to become attractive you need healthy teeth.
You will likely embody success and good health thanks to clean, healthy white looking teeth. People will be naturally drawn to you if you have white teeth. In our modern age, there is no excuse for having “bad” looking teeth. Your dentist can give you a lot of options to restore the way your teeth appears or even preserve it.