Year in Review | Don’t Call It a Diffusion
This year, the fashion industry was hit hard by the economy with several labels calling it quits (Veronique Branquinho, Number (N)ine) or restructuring (Thom Browne, Yohji Yamamoto). Alternatively, many designers turned to the profitability of turning out a secondary range. Here is a brief recap:
1. Spurr splits into two lines.
2. Duckie Brown & Odin launch Edward.
3. Jean-Charles de Castelbajac targets the youth market with JCDC.
4. Rad Hourani launches Rad by Rad Hourani.
5. YMC pushes forward with YMC Basic.
6. Telfar Clemens announces new unisex line UN.DER T–simple reissue of old classics.
7. Robert Geller launches cut and sew line called Seconds.