Slipping into a bathroom feels like getting a cozy hug. It makes you feel very homely. All too often, however, it is easy to settle for stained and torn robes that have passed their days years ago. This is not right, so here is a guide to help you pick the best robe; whether you prefer warm and fleecy plush robes or just terry cloth, everything will be covered here to ensure you get exactly what want. A comfortable and good looking bathrobe is a pleasure to wear.
Types of Plush Robes you will Surely Enjoy
- The Classic Bathrobe from Parachute: this bathrobe is a touch of luxury that is made from 100% long staple Turkish cotton. It is meant to keep you warm after a shower or just cozy while hanging around in the house. The classic robe can be also used to keep you covered while answering the door. The style of the robe is also stylish; it has a shawl collar, two front pockets, tie waist and fits well. It is lightweight and very comfortable to wear. It is available in white or grey and people of all sizes can find their fit; from small size to extra large.
- The waffle weave spa bathrobe: this is the robe that most spas will provide during your treatments. It is a blend of 55% Turkish cotton and 45% polyester. It is neither too heavy nor too light. You can wear it when around the swimming pool, after a shower, while you are traveling or just as you are hanging around the house. It is a popular robe that is sold in many online stores. Buyers especially like the robe because it is lightweight and feels comfortable on the skin. It has to front pockets and is available in many colors. However, if you enjoy thick robes, then this choice is not for you.
- Pajama Mania Fleece Robes: this fuzzy warm soft bathrobe feels soft against your skin. It is considered the best robe for slipping on after a shower. You can snuggle up in one as you are watching TV during the weekends. It has a shawl collar, front pockets, a thick belt, and inner ties. It is made of quality fleece and therefore feels very soft. It is also available in many colors and patterns and can be found in various sizes.
- The Lightweight Woven robe from Alexandra Del Rossa: this robe is made from 100% cotton and is best suited for those who live in warm weather. It is available in a range of colors and patterns. There are two front pockets and the inner ties keep the robes closed. It keeps you warm after a shower or can be worn while reading a book before bed. It resists wrinkles even after washing.
- Old Shanghai’s Kimono Robe: these robes with Asian-themed patterns are popular among online buyers. They have a sensual appeal and drape beautifully while keeping you covered. The robe has side pockets, inner ties, a side slit, and a self-tie. It resembles real silk and can be worn even over jeans and t-shirt if you want a funky look. There are several pretty colors to choose from and it falls to the ankle for most average women.
How To Buy Robes
Your morning routine can be less mundane if you pick the right robes that are sufficiently warm and also comfortable for lounging in the house. There are different styles and fabrics to choose from. Whether you are looking for a classic men’s robe or want to gift someone a luxurious women’s robe, you can find something that suits your taste and style. Here are tips to help you pick a robe that will suit you.
Pick a Fabric
If you use a bathrobe as a replacement for a towel, make sure it is made from absorbent terry cloth. For an extra plush robe, you can choose styles that are made with Egyptian cotton. If you prefer a lighter robe to wear during summer months, a silk robe will do just fine. Long robes that have fleece fabric may not work well for walking away moisture. However, these are very good for wrapping up on a cold day.
Choose a Color
The color is very important when choosing a robe especially if you are buying it as a gift. For a guy who wants a sophisticated navy blue, black or white or brown robe, a chenille bathrobe will look great. If you are looking for a stylish women’s robe, choose light blue, pink or light green colors. Women will love these colors. A red terrycloth bathrobe is also good if you want a sophisticated look.
Look for the right length
The right length will depend on the purpose of the robe. A very long length will prove to be uncomfortable if you want to get busy in the hose. On the other hand, a short robe will not feel so warm during those chilly days while lounging in the house. An ankle length bathrobe is a fit for both men and women who want to be warm in the winter months. For warmer seasons, a mid-calf may be more appropriate. If you are going to the swimming pool or the spa you might want to choose a microfiber bathrobe that falls just below the knee. It will be long enough to be absorbent while still giving you the best coverage you want. The best bridal shower gift is short silk robes that reach mid-thigh.
Make it Personal
The best gift you can buy for your family or a close friend is a personalized robe. You can emboss it with a favorite sports team logo or include the initials of the name of the person you want to gift. This makes a unique gift and makes it more special. It is also good to choose robes with styles that include pockets, hoods or any other noticeable detail.