Millennials are the Generation Y who were born between 1980 and 2000. They are the first generation having grown up with the internet era and then surrounded by the smartphone technology. Having born and brought in a period where information is readily available at the touch of their smartphone, millennials always used to do a little research before taking any decision no matter how small they seem to be. Like from checking the daily weather for their walking or analyzing the customer’s feedback before buying any consumers products or reading reviews before reserving a dine-in restaurant for a relaxed weekend night. Similarly, when it comes to online gaming, they do have their own set of researching and analyzing before they decide to play.
CNBC in an article states that the gambling industry tries to figure out methods to attract the millennials. Many Casinos are already investing in many skill-based slots to cater to the requirements of all players.
The casino business in recent times invests a considerable amount of money in a skill-based slot machine. Traditionally, the slot machines are based out of small luck factor. But, that is not the case anymore. After the evolution of PlayStations, XBox, and other virtual reality games, the casino business is continually developing creative ideas to attract the millennials. They work with the game developers, operators, and suppliers and make sure they give their young players enough challenge by creating variable payback option on several ranges of identifiers. This helps the generation Y to play with more exciting and uses their own talent to build a winning strategy in these skill-based slot machine games.
Some of the popular skill-based slots are Danger Arena/Pharaoh’s Secret Temple and Space Invaders. These slot machines attract more to the millennials due to their competition in nature.
Gen Y is not addicted to land casinos as their previous generations
As with many entertainment options available, Gen Y prefers going to nightclubs and dine-out rather than trying their luck into the brick and mortar model of the casino like blackjack or slot machines. This is because when casino gaming was introduced decades back, it was the only pass time for our grandparents and parents. But, due to the various options available to explore, the Gen Y keeps the gambling world as not addicted but a casual entertainer. They are also more inclined to the online gaming sites. Since they also give the same benefits and rewards as the land casinos, they find it more convenient to play in their pajamas and save their outdoor time in other nightlife club and other entertainments.
Las Vegas - Perfect Hangout Destination for Gen Y
The digital era generation is slowly changing their perspective of Las Vegas for not just looking at the gaming side anymore. Millennials see at the destination as a perfect holiday spot to hang out with their friends. The scintillating sin city attracts these Generation Y for their contemporary infrastructure, world-famous pop stars show and top chief’s culinary options. To add more fun, there is world’s best adventurous ride in Stratosphere Casino like Big Shot, Insanity, and X-Scream which gives them not only an adrenaline rush but also gives them a social outing rather than sitting at a brick and mortar gaming casino and playing long and boring blackjack table game. The real action and fun with these social activities.
Millennials perspective on Gambling
- Generation Y prefers more challenges than relying on just luck. They like to see more type of variations in gambling games.
- They prefer not to spend their hard-earned money on gambling entirely, but they divide among spending in nightclubs and other fashion malls. For example, there are number of excellent malls at Las Vegas like The Miracle Mile Shop which hosts a number of top garment brands like GUCCI and other top brands, The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace or the famous Vegas outlet mall which offers year-around sale of various accessories, garments and much more all under one roof.
- Millennials do try their luck at gambling world, and they prefer to stick to more fun based theme games and usually play with low risks without investing in higher bet amounts on vegas slots and casino games.
- One of the areas which attract the millennials is the fantasy sports arena where many land-based casinos in Las Vegas are implementing the sports bar theme. With huge LED projectors and gigantic screening in their spacious bar, betting and seeing the sports live gives a sporting spirit among today’s generation. Whether it is a football tournament or golf people, gather here in groups, and they have fun betting on their favorite celebrity sports star. Thus, the sportsbook is running successfully across several casinos in Las Vegas. Sportsbook is also a big hit among the online casinos as well.
- Since millennials are tech-savvy, they can easily adapt to the new innovative ideas implemented in online games. Also, there are a number of guides available to get started for any kind of table games as well. For decades, blackjack winning was always reserved for the experienced player who knows all the tips and tricks of the game. But, due to the several pools of information available on the internet, even a novice can win big money if he had the right guide and research about the game.
Thus, online casinos can lead in setting an example to attract the younger crowds by implementing the top-notch technologies into their gaming zone. For instance, providing statistical information after completing any game like an online poker game, gives the player a fair idea of where he went wrong and what are strategies worked out and what should be avoided in future which is available easily at a click of a button. Even the stockiexchange.com website in one of its article has written about the millennials gambling problem and clearly lists out what are their preferences while they hang out at Las Vegas and compares the gaming revenues to that of the non-gaming revenues in a detailed analysis report.