Fall Cowboy Fashion Trend
During the fall/winter 2014 edition of fashion week in Milan and Paris, the cowboy image was strongly referenced by the collections of Versace, Philipp Plein and 3.1 Phillip Lim. While Versace and Plein reworked the classic cowboy motif for an opulent fall outing, Lim relied on the grounded sensibility of the timeless western theme for confident essentials.
Embrace the Cowboy Look
If you do not aspire to become a cowboy but still want to adopt the utterly cool cowboy style, here are our best pointers:
1. Denim on denim: Denim is a quintessential cowboy thing, so it is certainly the first item on the list you should take care of. Here is the caveat, though: Your denim shirt or jacket and your jeans should be in two different shades if you are shooting for that cowboy-chic look.
2. A good pair of boots: Like jeans, a pair of boots is essential. Invest in a nice pair of leather or suede boots, preferably the Chelsea style.
3. Some plaid shirts: A plaid shirt is a great option on days when you do not feel like wearing your denim shirt. Designers have given plaid shirts a major upgrade during the last few years, so they are now functional and fashionable.
4. A leather jacket: If the fall 2014 collections are of any indication, a tough leather jacket is definitely one component of the modern cowboy attire.
5. A high-crowned, wide-brimmed hat: The material can be fur felt or straw, but it is advisable to purchase a beautifully made one from designers to avoid the risk of looking like a ranch worker.
6. Your attitude: To truly pull off the cowboy look with aplomb, do not leave your confidence and relaxed attitude at home once you get dressed.